10th Annual Educational ForumTuesday December 01, 2020 - 5:30pm Location: Online
The New York Academy of Public Education requests the honor of your presence at the 2020 New York Academy of Public Education’s Annual Educational Forum. This fall we are holding our meetings virtually with the hope that we may resume in person meetings at our Medalist Dinner in May of 2021. So please join us for our first virtual educational forum:
The Affect of Remote Teaching/Learning on Schools K-12 and the Face of Education
|Date:||December 1, 2020|
Topics of discussion will include such essential concerns as:
- How instructional methods and curriculum materials meet the learning objectives for our students
- How we measure learning using a remote platform
- How we connect with our students to support their social-emotional learning/wellness needs
- How we ensure that our practices are sustainable over the long term for students, families, and teachers
Our invited panelists include:
- Prof. David Bloomfield, CUNY Graduate Center and Brooklyn College
- Prof. Joan Lucariello, CUNY Graduate Center, Deputy Executive Officer LDI
- Dr. Craig Markson, Director Educational Leadership Programs, Stony Brook University
- Mark Cannizzaro, President Council of School Supervisors and Administrators
- Michael Mulgrew, President United Federation of Teachers
- Mr. Jeffrey Palladino, Principal Fannie Lou Hamer Freedom H.S.
- Dr. Deborah Hecht, Director and Senior Research Scientist, Center for Advanced Study in Education
- at CUNY Graduate Center
- Dr. Marlene Zakierski, Associate Professor Russell Sage College
- Mrs. Naomi Pena, Parent, CEC
- Mrs. Hazel Joseph Roseboro, Principal University Heights H.S.
Please register for the meeting below:
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.